I am in love with life.
CONVERSATIONS OF THE HEART- Anyone who knows me knows I love deep connection. Give me 10 minutes, and we'll be talking about the purpose of our life, the messiness of relationships, what your inner voice sounds like, and a zillion other heart led topics.
ADVENTURE, BIG AND SMALL - I've hiked 600 miles across the coast of England solo, moved across the country rather spontaneously, and have committed to saying "yes" to adventure as much as possible. It's a big part of who I am. (I'm a 7 on the enneagram, which is the enthusiast, and we are known for being very adventurous creatures)
COMMUNITY - It's impossible for any of us to walk through this life alone and truly be fulfilled. I believe a life filled with loving and serving others is an amplified life and a community founded on love is the best kind.
HONEST STORYTELLING - Valuing every part of your story is the truest way of preserving your heritage. I believe in the kind of photography that expresses your truest you. I value real moments and honest emotion over the posed. I truly believe leaning into the authenticity of people is the best way to serve the stories and the families I capture.
Other random things to know about me...
- I have a phobia of large things. I'll never be able to go on a cruise because ships freak me out, I can't handle looking at even pictures of Mt. Rushmore. I know, it's beyond weird, but like any other phobia, I PROMISE IT'S REAL.
- My favorite band is Iron & Wine
- My favorite author is Dave Eggers. I love to read. The more books the better.
- I'm the middle of 5 siblings
- I've been a vegetarian since I was 12
- My favorite place in the world is the Blue Ridge Mountains
- I love beets more than any other food
- I've always wanted to adopt children
- I love spontaneity (but I'm learning to value plans...sometimes)
- I laugh a lot, it's usually one of the first things people say about me
behind the name "This is now"
The past few years of my life have been filled with a lot of challenge and hardship. A few years ago, I decided to hike a path on the coast of England called the Southwest Coastal Path. I spent 7 weeks hiking 600 miles. My life and my heart were changed forever. I read a quote by one of my favorite poets, Sylvia Plath, while on the trail:
"Remember, Remember, this is now, and now, and now. Live it, feel it, cling to it. I want to become acutely aware of all I've taken for granted."
I said this quote out loud every day while hiking and let it sink into my bones. It has become a huge part of my life and the way I choose to live out each day. I want this idea of living fully in the now to speak within my work. More than anything, I want my photography to inspire families to be present with their children, to embrace the gift of now, and to never take it for granted. Through capturing the honest and the real moments of families now, I hope that my work is a catalyst for families to live more fully.